marți, 8 martie 2016

Maria Sharapova failed drugs test at Australian Open

Maria Sharapova has announced today that did not successfully passed a doping test during last Open Australia . Russian tennis player explained to the media that attributes the positive to an oversight, it does not count that gave the Meldonium, a drug takes ten years , he entered the list of prohibited substances World Anti - Doping Agency on 1 from January.
Visibly affected, Sharapova acknowledged during his appearance before the press in Los Angeles, United States, where he has fixed his residence, his "huge mistake" and took "full responsibility" .
"I started taking this substance in 2006. At that time had health problems, I'd get sick often by a deficiency of magnesium and had to do with a history of diabetes in my family. I kept taking it because it helped me to be healthy " Sharapova explained very serious attitude.
The Meldonium , a metabolic modulator that is prohibited in all sports, was legal until last Jan. 1, when the AMA him to its banned list.
It's my fault not to have heard . The International Federation informed me positive and wanted to make it public , "he explained. "On December 22, 2015 I received an e-mail from the International Tennis Federation (ITF) in which it reminded me that I had to review the list and I got the link that he could. I did not , "admitted Sharapova.
The Russian, 28, promised to work with the ITF to settle the matter and to continue his career. "I have played since 4 years and love so much this sport ... I know I'll have to face some consequences and do not want to end my career like this. My hope is to give me a new opportunity to keep playing," he begged the tennis player, I had not played since losing in the quarterfinals of the Australia Open with Serena Williams.
The winner of five Grand Slam titles had created great excitement in calling reporters today in order to make "an important announcement".

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu