marți, 8 decembrie 2015

Häkkinen warns Alonso

The former F1 world champion Mika Häkkinen discourages Fernando Alonso taking a sabbatical next year.

At the last Grand Prix of the season in Abu Dhabi, the McLaren boss Ron Dennis hinted that his driver could ignore the 2016 championship.

Who wins the battle of teammates? Alonso had initially left himself some doubt by giving a first ambiguous reaction, but he has since confirmed that it would indeed from the next season of Formula 1 with McLaren.

Häkkinen think the Iberian made the right decision. After a disappointing season in 2001, the double world champion Finland had decided to take a year but was ultimately never returned in F1.

"Personally, for me, I had seen myself the opportunity to come back after my sabbatical year, but I preferred to decline the offer because I had come to the conclusion that I had done my time F1, and I was happy with this decision, "he explains.

"I finished my career by winning races and that's a good way to end your career."

Fernando Alonso  tries to MotoGP: "In the case of Fernando, I do not think it would be a good decision to take a year. It must continue to fight. Once you start the game, you do not stop during the game."

Alonso has signed a three year contract with McLaren. It is linked to the British team until 2017.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu