miercuri, 27 aprilie 2016

"If I had not doped I would not have won anything," Di Luca's confession that hurts cycling

Danilo Di Luca, Italian exciclista perpetuity sanctioned for doping, has presented an autobiographical book where it has its relationship with doping and where it leaves shocking phrases, harshly criticizing and denouncing the system that governs the sport. And even he says he has no regrets of doping on several occasions.

Danilo Di Luca exposes the story of his cycling career marked by doping in an autobiographical book entitled "Beasts of victory." Di Luca tested positive for EPO Giro 2013, and for being a repeat offender was banned for life, that is, without competing again.

The fact is that the runner nicknamed 'The Killer', was already stripped of second place in the Giro 2009 and previously won the Italian race in 2007, although in this case was not caught in any doping control.

Confessions of Di Luca:

Doping improves performance between 7% and 12%. If I had not doped I would have never won. I do not regret anything. I lied, I betrayed, I've done what I had to do to get the first
When managers say 'I know nothing', they lie. Doping leads to lie, we lie to women, family, journalists, the masseurs, the mechanics, even to colleagues. Lying is as natural as breathing. The truth is that all dope and that all would do so again. We are animals, we are beasts. We are not heroes, we are crazy unchained
I tell myself that if I had a good doctor would have known before, or if it had been a good team, I would have protected
I never could have not doparme
In cycling everyone knows the truth, but the truth is unacceptable
I do not regret anything I've done my job as all you athletes. Biking now is no longer the sport I loved. I'm tired of loneliness, of lies, of hiding and not of cycling, because the bike has given me everything in life, it is the only thing that has given me everything

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu